Sunday, October 4, 2015

Jolly Rancher Candy Apple

I am so excited for Halloween, so aside from having my house decorated already, I have started making the candy apples. So I read somewhere that you can make candy apples with Jolly Ranchers and figured I had to give it a try.  Any ways for those of you who have followed other directions and not had much luck, neither did I, but I was determined to make these delicious sounding treats, and so I found a way.  Please try it out and let me know what you think.

          First you have to pick out the “good” colors right, so we picked out Blue Raspberry, Cherry, and Grape (watermelon, would have probably been mixed in if someone hadn’t eaten them all already, haha... I think 3 green apple flavors made it in as well) unwrap these, and put them into a pot, or bowl you can heat up. 
*To cut time on melting crush your candy up in ziplock baggies before putting them in pot or bowl

              Next take a larger pot, or pan and fill it about ½ way with water, and place your candy bowl inside, making sure that there is no chance of the water getting mixed in with your candy, then set this on high with a lid until the candy melts, which should only take about 15 minutes.

             While the candy is melting grab some wax paper and set it out on a flat surface like a cutting board, or a plate, as a place to set your apples when they are candy coated. The other option is to grease a plate.

Immediately as the candy is liquid enough to run a spoon through, dunk your apple in (personally I like to turn the heat of for this, but if you do so, you have to move quickly, because it will only take seconds for your candy to harden up again). Now if you are like me and only decided to get 2 bags of jolly ranchers, you wont have enough candy to dunk the apple all the way in, so use the spoon, to scoop the candy and coat the apple with it.

Then remove the apple and set it out to dry either on you wax paper or greased plate. The wait for this is about 20 minutes, 5 if you put the apples in the fridge.


These apples are super hard to eat so we slice them up and eat that way instead of whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment