Monday, June 29, 2015

Two ingrediants, two days, Mommy hack to summer rash cure!



So my daughter was experiencing a terrible rash on the back of her neck to which we discovered was a heat rash,also known as miliaria, so I did some research and came up with a remedy that not only cooled, and calmed her down enough at night to get her to sleep peacefully, but also got rid of her heat rash completely in 4 days.
I decided to do a corn starch and Aloe Vera mixture that I could apply heavily to her skin every afternoon when she come home from school, and night after her bath. I would say that you can apply it during the morning as well but it looks really weird when it dries, and it kind of gets on everything.

So I used ½ cup corn starch and ½ cup Aloe Vera. (I used the Aloe Vera that had no dies or perfumes added because they are always really sticky and would counter effective to the cleaning out of her pours.)
Then I mixed (in w whisking fashion) these two ingredients together with a small fork until nothing was separate anymore, and it simply looked like a white lotion.


I applied it every afternoon when she got home and every night after her shower before bed. I saw results by day 2 and by day 4 the rash was completely gone. 


For other tips and tricks to staying healthy check out the blog entries at www.beyoutfit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment